Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Assignment 8 (MIS 2)

Going to the future....I was hired in a company and given the task to develop a new strategic planning in the company. I was invited in a meeting to discuss the direction of the company, and give me the favor to ask some questions that could me making a new strategic planning.. So i guess here are some questions i want to ask to them...

1. What is the vision and mission, objectives of the company?Explain.

*Of course, I have to ask this question to them. Why? Simply because if I have to make a Strategic Information Systems Plan for a company, I have to know what the company or the business wants to attain so that I can also align it with the strategic plan that I am going to make. The strategic plan would be no use if what the plan that I put in it has no connection with the company’s vision, mission and goals.

2. Give the report about the company current status in the market, how does it run.

*Enable for me to know if it is good in the market, is it going up or down. The performance in operating of the company. If the personnel of the company is loyal, making no anomalies or whatever they are doing. The status of the inflow and outflow of money, it is profitable or not.

3. Give the SWOT and STEEP analysis of the company.

*Discussing about the strength, weakness etc. of the company. So that the company can easily identify the solutions, and the weakness of the company be minimize or be shift to be its strength. How the company operates in its social, they contribute to the community or they not.

3. For you, what are the critical success factors and core competencies of the company?

*Critical success factors (CSF’s), as we discussed from previous assignments, are the critical factors or activities required for ensuring the success of your business. These have been used significantly to present or identify a few key factors that organizations should focus on to be successful.
If the officers could point out to me what the critical success factors of their company are, then it would be easier for me to formulate a strategic information systems plan that could maximize the output of the company by means of information technology.

4. The company strategic plan?

*By this question, the answer I am looking for would be concerned with the company’s Strategic Plan. But I won’t need the whole answer from them; I’d just like to hear from them the summary of what their plan is and what their strategy is when we are going to meet face-to-face for the meeting. After the meeting, that’s when I’m going to look more closely and deeply in their company’s strategic plan, and then formulate a plan according to the information that I have gathered from it.
Same goes for the core competencies. Core competencies as defined from Encarta are areas of expertise that are fundamental to a particular job or function. It’s the same with the CSF’s. If they could pinpoint the core competencies earlier for me, then that could help in my formulation of the SISP.

5.What do you expect from the Strategic Information Systems Plan that I’m going to formulate?

*I will ask this to them because I want to know even a little from them on what they think they want from the information systems / information technology side of their company. And also, if what they want is not achievable, then the earlier we know it, the earlier we can inform them about it so there won’t be any complications.

6.On what grounds have you chosen me as the one to formulate the strategic information systems plan for your company?

*This question would be kind of like an evaluation question for me. I don’t know if this is important or something, but I’d like to know their basis on hiring me so that I could meet their expectations when formulating the SISP for their company. I could also exceed on what they expect me to do so I gain more points from them.

Questions that i have search....

The 5 Questions Every Company Should Ask Themselves

1. What Is a Strategic Marketing Plan?

To be effective, a strategic marketing plan identifies options and opportunities. It must be relevant and actionable. It should gather and distill information about your organization into one document that charts your course of action. A strategic marketing plan is a living document anchored to your company goals and focused on your growth and profitability.

2. How Can a Strategic Marketing Plan Help You?

The plan should support your company goals and help you attain them. It should be a blueprint for communicating the value of your products and/or services to your customers. Its primary purpose is to acquire and retain new customers effectively and maximize your ability to keep them. It all starts with establishing your goals.

3. What Are Your Marketing Goals?

Developing a strategic marketing plan to grow your business and increase your company's value needs to be driven by goals. Your goals may include broadening your marketing channels, shortening your sales cycle, increasing market share, improving your sales or call center performance and strengthening customer experiences. Once you know your goals, you can utilize your strengths to achieve them.

4. What Are Your Company's Strengths?

Every organization has certain strengths, like dominant market share, unique technologies and a strong balance sheet. Not all strengths are quite as evident, such as a company that is small but its size allows for innovation at a much faster pace than larger organizations. Every company has strengths and once you know yours, you can communicate them to existing and future customers.

5. Can Strategic Marketing Help You Maximize Your ROI?

Today's changing customer demands and increasing competition are putting extreme pressure on getting a good return on your marketing investment. Addressing these challenges requires superior marketing strategy and execution.

At MPA Media, we will use our expertise in Reader Engagement, Market Research, Direct Marketing, Internet Marketing and Database Marketing to aid your company in creating a customized, fully integrated Strategic Marketing Plan. From strategic marketing solutions to execution, our customized programs assist our customers in maximizing their return on every marketing dollar spent.

source: http://www.mpamedia.com/mrc/5questions.php

No comments:

Post a Comment